Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Oh May

Is it just me or am I the only one that's not sad at all to see May go? It was a crazy month and I'm glad it's over. In today's post I thought I'd recap my highlights from May, good & bad.
 
May1: I mentioned in an earlier post that my dad hit a horse on his way home from work early one morning. He's so very lucky that he walked away from this accident. Here's a few pictures of the damage:

 
This is also the day that my papa chose to leave ICU, turn off his defibrillator & stop his medication. He had fought a long, hard battle with his weak heart & his quality of life had deteriorated to the point that he no longer wanted to fight. So the three of us packed up & went to spend the evening at my nanny & papa's house to say our goodbyes to my papa because we didn't know how long he had.
 
May 2: My hubby's 26th birthday. He had to work that day, so I took him a cup of his favorite coffee on his morning break. We had arranged for my mom & sister to keep Robert that night so we could go to dinner that night, sleep in the next morning & go to breakfast. I just couldn't do all of that with my grandpa at home though, so we spent the evening with my papa again. I still feel so bad that Andrew's birthday was so uneventful, but he said there was no other place he'd rather be. He's a keeper, I know. 
 
May 5-6: We had "wood" floors installed in our living room & hallway! Our carpet was way past overdue to be replaced. It was original with the house, so cheap builder grade, and 10 years old. I wanted it replaced before Mr. Robert started crawling. I'm so glad we got it done when we did because even though he's not crawling just yet, he's all over the place!
May 10: Andrew took me to pick out a camera for my Mother's Day present. I decided on the Canon EOS Rebel T3i. I absolutely love it! So far I'm only shooting in auto mode, but I can't wait to learn how to take manual shots! I'm pretty sure that Robert is already tired of having the camera in his face!
My cousin, Shane, also graduated from Oklahoma State University that day. We opted to not attend the actual ceremony because we weren't sure how Robert would act...I was afraid of being "that person" with the screaming baby, so we just went to the party that was held after the ceremony.
Shane and his little sister, Makayla
May 11: Mother's Day. Andrew went to IHOP and got me a waffle that morning, then we went to my nanny & papa's house to have lunch with my family. I didn't take one picture with Robert...on my very FIRST Mother's Day! Who does that? I'm so forgetful! My first Mother's Day was not the joyful day that I had envisioned it to be, but looking back I wouldn't have it any other way because that day was the last day I would talk to my papa.

May 12: Andrew's birthday redo! I took him his favorite coffee that morning again and told him that it was his birthday and we were celebrating that day! That evening he, Robert & I went to Red Rock Canyon Grill, our favorite restaurant.
Me & my boys! Robert slept through most of dinner lol!
I also started CrossFit again that morning. I started CrossFit in March 2012 and have went off and on since then. While I was pregnant, though, I attended the bootcamp class offered through my CF box. Now that Robert's six months old, I figured I'd better get back to it! I work out so much harder in a group setting than I do by myself. There's also something about lifting heavy weights that I love, makes me feel like I can do anything haha! Robert goes to CF with me and hangs out. Sometimes he cooperates and plays with his toys or just watches all of us working out and sometimes he just wants me to hold him. That's when box jumps turn into step ups and wall balls turn into squatting, all while holding a baby...a baby that weighs approximately 20 lbs, I might add ;)
Babies & Barbells
May 16: My papa finally gave up his fight & went to be with his Savior in Heaven. I'm so sad that he's gone, but at the same time I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. I knew that his passing wouldn't be easy on me, but I never imagined how hard it would be to see my son lose his great-grandpa. Robert will never know him like I did and that breaks my heart. My papa loved Robert so much & he was the happiest I'd ever seen him when he was with his 'little buddy'. We said our final goodbyes to my papa a few days later on May 20.

 
 
May 17: Warrior Dash! This was my second time to run the Warrior Dash, but Andrew's first. We ran with Mia and her hubby, Dustin, and my SIL, Sarah. We all had a blast!
Before

After
 

 
 

 
 
 
Turkey legs are required after Warrior Dash!

Jumping over fire with my love!

 



 

May 21: I cashed in my birthday present and went to go see Dave Matthews Band in concert with my hubby. It was such a great show! His set list was a mix of old and new material, which was nice, but he didn't play some of my all-time favorites...how could he not play 'Crash' or 'Bartender'?! I mean, c'mon, Dave! 

May 24: A very busy day! After a grueling partner WOD at Crossfit that morning, my friend Lindsey & I took our boys swimming. I'm so thankful that Lindsey has a membership to a local golf club and invited us! This was Robert's first time in a pool! The water was a little chilly, so the boys weren't too impressed. We can't wait until it gets warmer so we can enjoy some fun in the sun with our little guys!
The boys were so excited to go swimming that they fell asleep!
Robert's just not sure about the cold water...
That evening me and my boys went to a high school graduation party for my husband's youngest brother, Chris, and cousin, Katie. We're so very proud of them! Chris has joined the Navy and will leave for basic training in December and Katie is attending the Kansas City Art Institute. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for them!
 
May 31: My bestie, Mia's, birthday! We celebrated by going to Red Robin Friday night to get her birthday burger, enjoyed a girls day with our friends Kristal and Kim on Saturday, & ended the night with Cherry Berry. I loved being able to celebrate my bestie's birthday with her after not seeing her in what seemed like forever!
 
So that was my month of hectic craziness! All of that while still learning to juggle a part-time career and being a new mom, plus being sick on three different occasions. I was just a little stressed! I'm looking forward to June and life settling back down to normal!
 
post signature


4 comments:

  1. Love the recap, what a month! I told Dustin Sat how mad I was because I was at your house and forgot to go in and see your floors! I LOVE the pic of you eating the turkey leg haha, such a fun time :) Hate so much that you lost your papa but thankful he is in a better place not hurting anymore too. Thank you again for making my day so special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you definitely had a busy and eventful month of May! I'm so sorry to hear about your papa, as it's never easy to lose someone. Even though Robert won't know him, it's so special you have such sweet pictures of the two of them together that you'll be able to show Robert when you share all of your favorite stories of him :) I bet the Dave Matthews concert was amazing! Though, I would have been a little sad about him not playing Crash-- definitely one of my favorites too! It looks like you guys had great seats though- what an awesome birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- you guys really did have a crazy month! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa, lots of good thoughts and prayers sent to your family! Your new floors look great and seeing DMB in concert is on my bucket list :) Yay for June!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new camera purchase! It'll be your new baby haha. And that damage looks CRAZY! Im happy to hear your dad is okay <3

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete