Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thankful Thursday





I'm linking up again this week with Mia {MakeMeUpMia}, Kristal {The Strong Family}, Katie {Katie Elizabeth} and Carly {Carly Blogs Here} for Thankful Thursday.

Here's what I'm thankful for this week:

{one} This is a serious one... my dad works the night shift and on his way home last night he hit a horse that was in the middle of the highway. You read that right, a HORSE. Going 65 miles an hour. The horse pushed in his windshield and landed in the truck bed. His truck is totaled. The highway patrolman told him that he's very lucky, that a horse normally goes completely through a windshield. I'm just so very thankful that my dad's ok. I'm sure he'll be sore when he wakes up this afternoon, but it could have been so much worse.

{two} Fun with friends! Saturday morning we had a blast running The Color Run! We were on team "Colors for Mayberry" in honor of Mia's brother, Christian.
Besties!

Girls just wanna have fun!
You can never get a good pic when these two boys are involved.....
The whole gang!

 

{three} We attended our nephews' birthday party at the park on Saturday afternoon. Daniel turned 4 on April 22 and Alex will turn 3 on May 6. 
Cousins! So Sweet!
My SIL and nephews
Had to snap a pic of us at the park. Love my boy's blue eyes!

{three} We had a cookout at our house with friends Saturday night. The evening included playing Just Dance and Guitar Hero on the Wii, so fun! I failed to take pictures, which is a total shame since we had the guys playing Just Dance with us!

{four} Some random pictures of my boy from this week, just because :)

Robert is wearing the cutest blue and white seersucker overalls that my mom got him for Easter.

Playing with Grandma Smith!
Always smiling!
Love these pajamas that my sister bought for Robert!


 post signature

6 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP, a horse! Thank God he is ok!! I love that picture of you and Robert at the park <3 Had so much fun at the color run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am so thankful he is okay!!!! On another note, why is seersucker so cute on babies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! Praise Jesus your dad is ok! So scary!!! And I'm dying over Robby in his overalls! Just want to eat him up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those seersucker overalls are THE cutest! And oh my gosh-- I can't believe he hit a horse! That's so scary! So, so glad to hear he is okay though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! So thankful your dad is OKAY! That would have been so scary! And I'm loving all the pics from the Color Run :) Doing one of those is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness bless your dad's heart. I'm so thankful he is okay. What an experience!

    ReplyDelete